About Ductless Heat Pumps
So, what is ductless heating and cooling?
Ductless systems are a way to heat and cool your home without the need for costly and inefficient ducts used with forced air systems.
Ductless systems are a great option for replacing propane, wood or even gas systems. Ductless heat pumps are the best alternative for replacing baseboard and wall mounted electric systems. These systems provide cooling in the summer and heating in the winter, making them ideal replacements for window A/C units while remaining more affordable than a central air system.
Ductless systems have two main parts.
Ductless systems contain an outdoor unit and an indoor unit.
- The head: An indoor air-handling unit.
- The compressor: The outdoor unit that handles compressing the refrigerant.
Multiple indoor units can be paired with just one outdoor compressor, making ductless systems very versatile.
What are the benefits of ductless heating & cooling?
- Improoved air quality
- Consistent, zoned temerapture control
- Heating and cooling available all-year-round in one unit.
- Very cost-effective, quiet and reliable
- Easy, low-cost installation
- Rebate & incentive opportunities (Check with your power company.)